Re: laser vs inkjet

Campos & Davis Photos (photos@campos-davis.co.uk)
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 08:16:48 +0100

We make lots of jam, but have never heard of sealing the lids with
paraffin.
Once again this question of what you call paraffin in the USA and what the
rest of the world calls paraffin seems confusing.
We use paraffin oil on
the back of paper negatives to make them more transparent. It is cheap and
easy. It arrives as liquid in a bottle. One person on the list send a very
detailed description of what the difference was but I cant remember it. I
cant think how you could be using this to seal jam jars, and also what is
the purpose of sealing them? The high sugar content of jam ensures the jam
stays preserved for a year or more.

Campos & Davis Photos
6 Cranbourne Road
London N10 2BT