Re: Is Peach Jam a female rock group?

Wayde Allen (wallen@boulder.nist.gov)
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 11:24:51 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 16 Jul 1999 David.Clark@Walsworth.com wrote:

> I am thinking, "Would it be possible to photograph peaches and develop in an
> infusion made from crushed peach pits?"

Well ... coffee seems to work (see
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/text-coffee.html), but not without making it
alkaline.

I actually did try putting a piece of scrap film in a cup of coffee.
Straight coffee didn't do much, but adding a couple teaspoons of
baking soda did start to show some fogging. I didn't have any potassium
hydroxide as was used in the RIT test, so haven't done any more tinkering.
I have enough trouble finding time to make pictures as it is.

So ... take your picture of peaches, develop with coffee, and make a
cassein bichromate print with the cream.

- Wayde
  (wallen@boulder.nist.gov)