Re: $$$$ how to price prints

Campos & Davis Photos (photos@campos-davis.co.uk)
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 00:40:30 +0100

We work on the simple basis of working out what it cost us to take the
photographs, make the print (in time charged + materials) divided by the
number in the edition. We usually make limited editions of ten when it is a
straight forward process to duplicate, but obviously some prints are unique
when made with some processes so then you have to add value to that. We
also invoice correctly as being a limited edition, so the customer has some
sort of authenticity record of the print. We would like to be able to offer
a certificate with the pictures, so perhaps the Alt Process list could
think about how we could offer some sort of certificate to
members/subscribers? Some sort of stamp of approval perhaps? Any ideas?
Perhaps prints shown at APIS events could have a sticker placed on them?
This might add some value to collectors.

Campos & Davis Photos
6 Cranbourne Road
London N10 2BT
Tel/Fax + 44 181 883 8638