Not as Blue Over My Cyanotype

Bill_Lucas (Bill_Lucas@compuserve.com)
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 22:04:02 -0400

I'm still alive and testing. Thanks Judy for the detailed information. I
checked on my potassium ferricyanide and the color looks nice and orange
red as usual.

I also took your earlier advise and treated the humidity factor more
seriously. Today, I coated my paper as usual let it dry in the dark for
over an hour, so it was not tacky to the touch. Then used a blow drier to
dry the crap out of it to each sheet just before putting my lithos down to
then put outside. It still turned unseen colors to me, but when I went to
wash it, less blue came out and I got a better blue. It also took less
time to wash, more back to my normal wash. Now today here in good old
Michigan it was 90 and humid, so I figured if I got these positive results
today I wait and wonder what 78 and less humid will bring. From the
forecast it seems a good time off til I see less heat and humidity.

Tomorrow I hope to check the brown and green side by side to see if there
is a difference.

I appreciate both you and Sam for other resources for chemicals. I will
check them out.

In closing tonight I just want all of you to know that I am very grateful
for your help. I felt so alone in this nightmare, since no one I know has
any working knowledge of this process. I only use the sun as my light
source and here in Michigan we only have quality sun for about 5 months a
year, so the pressure for me to work is normally high, but this added
monkey wrench made me unbearable to be around. I am hopeful that this
trauma is coming to a close.

Siouxsan