RE: ALAN KLOTZ

Ström (strom_photo@usa.net)
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 22:51:30 -0400 (EDT)

The negative is the orignal--not the print.

I personally find this entire subject repugnant. Photographers who are
artists who attempt to appeal to the value collectors are truly stupid.

The photograph is far more important than any collector.

No negative that is valued by a photographer should ever be destroyed. The
negative is the photograph--not the print--no matter what technique was used
to create the print.

Don't ever give in to the stupid gallery owners, who are not interested in
artists in the least. They are only interested in their own gain!

Keep your negatives until you die.

If you want to limit your prints, here's the technique:

For every print you create, you increase the price for the subsequent print by
a percentage. It might be 2% or more. Eventually, no one will buy it,
because it's too expensive. That is its rarity. Not that you have set an
arbitrary number of prints with the final destruction of the negative. Foo.
Besides--for alternative processes, each print is original.

Ström

Get free e-mail and a permanent address at http://www.amexmail.com/?A=1