Re: density

Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Sat, 24 Jul 1999 00:15:10 -0400

Witho Worms & Jorien van Santen wrote:

> Thanks to Eric,
>
> And now for Carl, Jeffrey, Dick, Stephen, Bob, David, Belgium, Austria,
> Harald, Carl, how T(d)ense could you be ?
> 5.10 good morning.

If by "Jeffrey" you are referring to me, I did not answer the question
on density of a certain paper because I do not use nor advocate the use
of a densitometer. Besides I felt Eric's answer was succinct enough. I
answered this post because I do have a chapter on sensitometry and
exercises for training the eye to read densities of negatives and prints
(part of the guide on my web site.) A more accurate alternative to the
densitometer.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/