Re: reflective density

Carl Fransman (salto@salto.be)
Sat, 24 Jul 1999 11:04:51 +0100

Witto,

1- thanks a million for providing us with the necessary chemicals when in
need. At least, we had some prints to show at the APIS

2- To answer your question; we managed to get 1.96 (pure Pt, dop, double
coating, brush development) but had other (minor) problems such as less
even image in the very deep densities than i.e. many other images I saw
at APIS... You should also know that if your prints are not neutral in
color, the density reading may be somewhat off... In the end, the eye
decides if the print looks good or not. Zia seems to strand around 1.6
with good consistent results... Also bear in mind that densitometers will
easile read .1 difference! Check with a calibrated Stouffer or equivalent.

Seems that when the paper is too humid (>60%), problems can arise. This
is often a problem in the low countries.

Get in touch soon

Greetings,

Carl Fransman

SALTO