Re: replacement bellows?

Altview@aol.com
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 03:59:54 -0400 (EDT)

Jim Ormand, the owner of Western Bellows, my sole source for replacement
bellows for my clients (I do 30 to 40 bellows a year) and who makes the
finest bellows in the country, read the aforementioned article and told me it
was so filled with inaccuracies, poor planning and design advice, and just
generally a mishmash of information, he couldn't imagine anyone making a
competent bellows from his instructions. Even I, who makes view cameras from
scratch, won't attempt it. Sometimes it is just better to let an expert do
the work. Spending hours trying to make something as complicated and precise
as a pair of bellows seems a waste of time when one could be making images or
prints.

Patrick Alt