Re: Re[2]: What the ???

David (adin@frontier.net)
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 06:03:32 -0600

Now, what kind of a photographer are you?
hahahahaha

----------
> From: Brigitte Harper <brigitte.harper@glencore.co.uk>
> To: alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca
> Subject: Re[2]: What the ???
> Date: Tuesday, July 27, 1999 5:02 AM
>
> Can you imagine what strange looks I get when I use pinhole cameras and
stand there with a coke can or a biscuit tin on a tripod?
> I feel that I have a slight advantage, as it seems to me that it is only
men who
> are interested in finding out what is on that tripod, and myself being a
woman they do hesitate to ask me, if they have the courage at all.

_________________________________
> Subject: Re: What the ???
> Author: MIME:CCBaggett@aol.com at LDNINTERNET
> Date: 27/07/1999 02:53
>

> Carl,
> In the late 70's when I was stationed in Germany, we took a vacation in
Denmark- Bornholm Island to be precise. I set up my 8x10 Deardorff to
photograph a chimney for smoking herring. A fellow came up and asked me in
Danish what I was doing. I told him, in Danish, we weren't going to have
much of a conversation in my 'restaurant' Danish, so he asked if I spoke
German. I said 'Ja' and we conversed in German until he asked what part of
Germany I was from. When I said North Carolina, he said in English- Why the
hell are we speaking German I just came back from visiting my sister in
California! He only asked why I was photographing the chimney. I said I
like the herring and they looked nice all gold colored as they came out of
the chimney. His only technical comment was that he was sorry I couldn't
afford a new camera so I wouldn't have to pack that heavy wood camera
around. You are right. You always attract attention with such an odd
looking camera. It was obviously one of the memorable experiences I had in
4 y