Re: Re[2]: What the ???

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 13:55:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Brigitte Harper wrote:

> Can you imagine what strange looks I get when I use pinhole cameras
> and stand there with a coke can or a biscuit tin on a tripod? I feel
> that I have a slight advantage, as it seems to me that it is only men
> who are interested in finding out what is on that tripod, and myself
> being a woman they do hesitate to ask me, if they have the courage at
> all.

The picture you evoke is charming. I made a pinhole out of a large foil
tray decorated with painted daisies -- but I never managed to make any
pictures with it as good as the daisies. Maybe I should have put it on a
tripod...

 But speaking of pinhole on location -- does anyone else remember the late
Marcia Sheer? She used to go out with a shopping cart (the urban SUV)
full of pinhole cameras, to shoot around NYC. Then she printed the
photographs in Vandyke brown. Did the same in Holland, also Brooklyn.

Incidentally, Marcia was another "late-life" photo retread. Began
"alternative processes" after retirement from advertising, surely in her
60s. Took a "non-silver course" at ICP... finally had a show of the prints
there, too.

Judy