Re: Wet & Dry Exposure

Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Mon, 02 Aug 1999 11:47:20 -0400

John Melanson wrote:

> It seems to me that the RH may not be as important as the total amount of
> available water for the reaction. Perhaps we should define a factor, RPH,
> relative paper humidiy, that is the percentage increase in paper weight due
> to water. Maybe that is the most relevant number.

Not to confuse it with relative humidity maybe it should be called Total
Water Weight (TWW) or Total Available Water (TAW).

> At least this measure would be consistant between various practitioners.

Assuming no other parameter interacts such as temperature. These other
parameters can be noted as well. But first we must identify what they
are.

It does seem reasonable that the amount of water (by weight) available
for reaction would be the thing to monitor along with the other critical
parameters. Although for printing, the technique of weighing and
adjusting by drying or humidifying and re-weighing may be more
mechanical effort than necessary.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/