Re: Glass for UV exposure frames?

From: David J. Romano (romano@agfa.com)
Date: Fri Dec 03 1999 - 21:40:53 /etc/localtime

Michael,
Try contacting Glennview through Photomall.com. He sells sheets of
multicoated optically clear glass. I don't have the specs, but knowing a
bit about glass and such, I would say that this glass is probably B-270
glass or equivalent which transmits 30% at 325 nm assuming no coating
and a 8% loss due to the two air/glass interfaces. Since it is
multicoated, there will probably be only 2% loss in the visible
spectrum, but probably a little higher in the UV. "Normal" glass does
not transmits as much UV as this does. It isn't real cheap, but I would
invest in this glass. I'm sure it will give you the best results you are
going to get. I'd be interested in seeing those spectral curves if you
don't mind sending them to me either by email or fax. (978-657-8643)
Thanks!

Dave