Re: new cyanotype

From: garimo (omirag@cruzio.com)
Date: Fri Dec 03 1999 - 18:05:42 /etc/localtime

Hey Gerard,
 I hope you don't mind if I add my log to your fire...even if it is a
wet log!

>To put some wood to the fire!!!

 I have never sized any papers before printing with cyanotype so I have
no experience of how the papers react when sized, But I have printed
both the traditional and the new cyanotype on a bunch of papers
including Arches and Rives (useing same neg. and same time of
exposure...) and these papers are not among the ones that result with
the brightest blues, perhaps if sized they do work well- I don't know!
 But my vote goes to the traditional formula for the other reasons
already mentioned, plus the traditional formula costs less and is much
simpler to mix. But that vote does hinge on the choice of papers,
'cause that's where the difference of performance is most noticed by my
eyes.
Garimo

I heard a rumor...so I have just gotten another paper to try out... ;-)