Re: Cyanotypes

From: garimo (omirag@cruzio.com)
Date: Fri Dec 03 1999 - 23:04:08 /etc/localtime

Hi again,
 I've dunked prints in household beach and it does make a darkening of
the blues but also bleaches out details in the highlights... I prefer
the hydrogen Peroxide bath, same effect with out the smell and does not
bleach the prints.
 In October I toned some cyanotypes with the tannic acid, after a bath
in ammonia, very smelly process- needs good fans- but I sorta' like the
lavender/brown color...except for the light staining/coloring of the
paper as well as the cyanotype. It was fun...
Garimo