Re: stitching software

From: FotoDave@aol.com
Date: Fri Dec 10 1999 - 07:22:32 /etc/localtime

In a message dated 12/9/99 10:29:16 PM Pacific Standard Time,
nimoys@loxinfo.co.th writes:

> Its all about adding something called a layer mask (and then Reveal All),
> and the whole process is explained very clearly on the below URL. I
> highly recommend spending 30 minutes trying out this process, and I
> guarantee you'll never want to waste your time with stitching software in
> the future!
>
> http://www.leppphoto.com/TechTips/pano.html

I just checked it, and yes, it is very good.

My slight difference in the method is instead of using erase, you can simply
select the area that you want to delete, "feather" with large pixel value,
and delete. You get a soft edge that way.

Also, in aligning the image, it would help if you invert one layer so that
when the two layers are perfectly aligned, all you see if smooth gray. When
they are not well aligned, you see bas relief. It is quite a useful "trick."
 :-)

Dave Soemarko

=== See Soemarko's Direct Carbon (alternative) process at
=== http://hometown.aol.com/fotodave/SDC/SdcIndex.html