Re: Toning Cyanotype Brown

From: jacques verschuren (fotjver@wxs.nl)
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 22:02:17 /etc/localtime

Judy Seigel wrote

> However, whether you want the book or not is another question, depends on
> how you feel about Farber's artsy-fartsy soft-porn on the cover of your
> process texts, not to mention his even artsy-pornier inside.
>
> Judy

May be, but it is one of the fairly recent books on alt processes (compared to
e.g. Keepers of Light) and I think it's a little overdone and exaggerated to
picture the book as "artsy-fartsy soft-porn" because the images, as they
should be, only play a role as an illustration for the detailed and accurate
description of the processes described in the book. There are some good images
as well on landscapes, cityscapes, etc., all used to illustrate e.g. bromoil,
gum printing and others. So in no way it is soft porn!

Jacques Verschuren