Re: Silver recovery

From: stan johnson (sjohnson@gwi.net)
Date: Tue Dec 21 1999 - 17:17:40 /etc/localtime

** Reply to note from Darryl Baird <dbaird@flint.umich.edu> Tue, 21
Dec 1999 12:12:58 -0500
> silver recovery units for our school darkroom. I'd prefer an in-line
> unit which could be serviced on a regular basis.

Check your phone book and your local/state environmental agency for
metal recyclers/recovery firms. Needless to say, those specializing in
precious and semiprecious metals would be most likely to be useful.

The chances are pretty good that such an operation would be required
to have a hazardous waste transport and/or recycling license, which is
why your state agency might be able to tell you who does business in
your state.

[All of the above assumes you're located in the USA. I would assume
other countries would have roughly similar laws/regulations.]

stan

--
Stan Johnson
sjohnson@gwi.net