Re: Platinum printing and humidity

From: Carl Weese (cjweese@wtco.net)
Date: Fri Dec 31 1999 - 13:45:38 /etc/localtime

John,

Your approach sounds very like what Stan Klimak has told me he does. But
I think it's fascinating how different the results are with various
workers and lab setups. For example, I find all sorts of problems if I
work with Crane 90# cover in a humid environment--over 50%-- (I just
control the whole lab and store the paper there overnight before
printing). But I can't get good tube-coating results on Platine unless
the humidity is _over_ 60%. I suspect that rapid humidification in a
chamber is *not* equivalent to an 'overnight soak'.

BTW, how large are you printing, do you see a marked difference in
handling at various sizes, and is there a size where tube coating
suddenly becomes much more difficult to accomplish?

---Carl