Re: Chlor, Bro and Io Dides

Liam Lawless (lawless@ic24.net)
Tue, 02 Nov 1999 18:22:50 +0000

Maybe our understanding of these things has changed since the days of Clerc,
Neblette, Glafkides, etc. (i.e. the books I've read) but what I remember of
emulsions is that silver iodide on its own is slow, but small proportions
added to a bromide emlsion increase its speed considerably. Too much (more
than about 5%) and it has the opposite effect. A bromo-iodide emulsion does
not contain separate bromide and iodide crystals, but contains bromide and
iodide in ALL crystals.

I might be wrong so will shut up about it for now, but am running some tests
that I hope will decide the matter. Will report back tomorrow.

Liam