Re: Fresson article in "Reponses Photo" of June 1999

FotoDave@aol.com
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 12:53:01 -0500 (EST)

I finally found the right time when both I and Mr. Fresson were both awake (I
mean, the web site was online) to read the description in English. Somebody
must have translated for them. In the "description" part, there is a line
saying "Delivery all the world by mail or private society." I don't know what
that means, but it sounds like they are willing to do mail order, so I
suppose I can contact them by fax (I noticed there wasn't any address. What I
thought was an address (when I read the French section) is actually some
description on how far they are from Paris).

> I know that Luis Nadeau says that the
> preparation of the tissue is hopelessly difficult (and that Ortiz Echagüe
> did most of his work on paper bought from the Fressons, not the one that he
> prepared) ...

I have read about this online too. I don't remember exactly whether it was
Luis or Sandy who mentioned it though. Maybe both. But last month I was
reading "Jose Ortize Echague" and found in it he says that he prepares his
own carbondir paper. Maybe he used both at different times of his life? Could
anyone recommend some other books that talk about Echague? (btw, I have
always wanted to ask this: how do you pronounce "Echague?" (I assume Jose is
pronounce with an "H" like Hosea?)

Dave S