Reducing a negative's contrast

Tom Ferguson (tomf2468@pipeline.com)
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 20:08:08 -0800

I've been doing a lot of cyanotypes from 16x20 enlarged negs
lately. I'm aware of using dichromate in the coating and acetic
acid in the first wash as cyanotype contrast controls. But, in
the interest of speed and simplicity I always try to get a
"perfect" neg. If my "aim" is too soft, a little selenium toner
does wonders.

Yes he has FINALY gotten to the question: If my enlarged neg is
too contrasty is there any reasonable chemical treatment to
decrease the negative's contrast by 0.1 to 0.3 DU?

--
Tom Ferguson
tomf2468@pipeline.com