Re: Zia Type Colour shift?

Cor Breukel (cor@ruly46.medfac.leidenuniv.nl)
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 12:47:34 +0100 (MET)

Jeffrey,

thanks for your swift reply,

> > The humidity was relative low: 65% compaired to the 70-80% at which I
> > usualy print (I have no humidity control), but the time between coating
> > and printing is short: 2 minutes ...
>
> This is likely your answer. Without humidity control, color can be
> anywhere from neutral black to warm brown. I would guess your RH
> (relative humidity) was actually below 55%.

..I agree, I do not trust the absolute value of this cheap hygrometer (I
mean we had a reading of 98% lab summer in the lab, I mean it was humid
all right, but there wasn't a drizzle inside), but I rather use it as a
relative value, to be compaired to previous readings..

What is your opinion on the stability of AFO?

Cor