Re: Potassiumoxalate

Eric Neilsen (e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net)
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 10:22:18 -0600

Harald, Could you expand on your , in worst case for Sodium Hydroxide? Many
years back when I was using HCL as a clearing bath, had a small accident. I
poured an amount of HCL clearing bath into my PotOx developer. I did a quick
calculation and added NaOH in what I guessed to be an equal amount to the HCL
to get, H2O and NaCl. The developer worked afterwards, and produced very warm
images. I guessed that it was due to the extra NaCl in solution, as I had seen
that Palladium solutions with NaCl produced warm prints, and those with
excessive NaCl even warmer. Care to comment?

EJ Neilsen

--
Eric J. Neilsen
4101 Commerce Street, Suite #9