Re: Soemarko's Direct Carbon (Soemarko's Process I)

Jack Fulton (jfulton@itsa.ucsf.edu)
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 09:49:50 -0800

Dave
The prints look great … congratulations on your success.
They do look a bit grainy and this I wonder about. Wonder in the snese that I
just had the oportunity to visit Stanford Museum's collection w/Helene Pinet
from the Rodin Museum in Paris to look at their collection of photographs
commissioned by Rodin. In these images were a number of carbon prints with and
without tones (the green tones were most interesting as I'd never seen such a
thing prior). The photographs were sharp as a tack and exhibited no grain
(virtually).
At any rate, it'd be wonderful to give your process a try.
Best with your new found 'baby'
Jack Fulton