Re: Preparation of Ferric Oxalate Powder

Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Mon, 04 Oct 1999 08:21:25 -0400

Judy Seigel wrote:
> Actually, though, I was told that one did not get onto that website
> without a password, proof of personal virtue and several solemn oaths.
> (Anyone can buy a Post-Factory for six bucks.) Is that still the case?

Judy,

Actually you were told incorrectly. The only portions of my web site
that request a password are about half of the sections only within the
Guide to Platinum Palladium Photographic Printmaking.

Why a password. Being that the Guide is a specialized technical
document (one of the most thorough, accurate, complete, tested and
verified, in working use, actively updated collection of information and
step-by-step procedures concerning the platinum palladium process), not
many have an interest. For those that do, I feel it a small cost to
enter a password each session (certainly less than six bucks!). The
information has taken many years to assemble and write up; I use the
Guide as my own reference and notes. And yes, I too must enter the
password when requested. The password has been the only effective
method of collecting a record of those interested in accessing all
portions of the the Guide. Some day I may arrange it as a voluntary
log, but then no one has signed into my guest book yet.

I do not charge for access to or use of the Guide;
I do not require any proof from those using the Guide;
I do not require any oaths from those using the Guide;
I do not exclude anyone from using the Guide;
I do not use the names or addresses for any purpose other than to have a
record of those interested in the Guide;
I do not have advertisers or sponsors.

I do expect that my copyrights will be respected;
I do all work for the Guide voluntarily (no reimbursements for anything
whatsoever, any and all costs come out of my pocket);
I do indicate the option to send me a print if one is so inclined.

Now I understand that this *may* be a waste of your time. But, for the
time it took you to write your post, you could have linked to the Title
Page of the Guide, then to the Table of Contents, then to the
Preparation of Ferric Oxalate Powder in Chapter 4, ALL WITHOUT THE USE
OF ANY PASSWORD WHATSOEVER. All the information on Vicente's procedure
and test results and notes do not need the password.

So please, comments are welcome, but check out the Guide first.

http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/guide/title_page.htm

One can also get there through my home link below.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/