Digital Neg-Dan Durkholder

James Kellar (james@kellar.com)
Mon, 04 Oct 1999 18:30:39 -0500

Hi all,

I'm just about ready to print out my first inkjet digital negatives. I am
using Dan Burkholder book Making Digital Negatives, the second edition. I
have been following his instructions to the letter, but before I printed my
first neg using Epson Photo Quality Glossy Film, I printed it out on a plain
piece of paper and all I got was a print out that was completely black. On
the monitor the file looked flat but it is what I expected from reading the
book. Is there any one who has done this before and if so should I expect my
neg on film to be totally black or should I see some details in my neg? Also
if any one has any other stories or suggestions on the subject of inkjet
negatives could you please share them.

thanks

James