Re: Clicio Barroso <clicio@clicio.com.br>

Richard Knoppow (dickburk@ix.netcom.com)
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 15:52:16 -0700

At 06:37 PM 10/12/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>To be honest, people have been unsubscribed for much less...
>
>I really don't need over twenty copies of the same meaningless post...

  His e-mail system was evidently set to send automatic confirmations of
received mail. The problem is that the list sends out many e-mails and each
would be responded to automatically. Further the confirmations would be
sent out by the list machine as messages and each of those would result in
a confirmation message, well, you can see how it would end up.
 As far as language, the confirmation message would be in whatever
languages incoming e-mail was expected in.
  Mr. Barroso would have done better to un-subscribe temporarily but
perhaps he did not realize what his mail system was doing. No Parkinson's
was involved and the sort of mistake easily made by anyone. I am quite sure
an appology will follow with no urging.
----
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles,Ca.