Re: grooves on tubes RE: jobo help

Wayde Allen (wallen@boulder.nist.gov)
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 08:58:39 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 22 Oct 1999, Dan Koons wrote:

> For someone who hasnt tried the ABS tubes you might try a method which
> involves
> developing your film to completion without worry about removing the anti
> halation layer until after fixation. I started using the used PMK developer
> per Gordon Hutchings instructions as a staining bath. the components in the
> developer will remove it. You do not have to use pyro, d76 or xtol will
> work. The catch is placing the film in a tray with the developer before the
> final wash. This might avoid the steps is adding groves to the pipe. just a
> thought:)dan

Yes, I was thinking about this very thing while driving to work this
morning. The real issue is how to ensure that the antihalation backing on
the film is removed. I was wondering if perhaps a pre-wash bath could be
formulated to remove the antihalation coating? If so, it really shouldn't
matter if you developed in tubes with grooves, bumps, or whatever.

Perhaps the developer bath is all that is needed?

- Wayde
  (wallen@boulder.nist.gov)