Re: film recorder/continuous-tone output quality query

Carl Fransman (salto@salto.be)
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 10:35:28 +0100

Doug,

the quality you'll achieve from these scans depends on the screening
resolution and the final print size. Apart from that, you can get extreme
quality - with better even than photographic tonal reproduction - from a
halftone film. We image and print our films at 600 lines per inch and
people who've seen the quality can confirm it's pretty impressive.
My advice: the best partner - people who want to understand your problem
- will ensure you the best quality in the end. Each process requires
specific knowledge and finetuning, so the parameters you'll be working
with will depend on the chosen process.
All the best,

Carl Fransman

SALTO