Re: Clearing Pt/Pd prints

From: Eric Neilsen (e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 04/05/00-08:15:37 PM Z

"Jeffrey D. Mathias" wrote:

> Study of the clearing of Pt/Pd prints <SNIP>

> S; Sodium Sulfide; 20 grams per 1000 ml water (2% solution)

I believe you meant Sodium Sulfite! not Sulfide.

As for the rest, good work. I would ask if you checked into the possibility
of adding Oxalic acid to the developer and to monitor the pH of your develop
to see what amount of Oxalic acid should or could be added to a Potassium
Oxalate developer to help prevent the formation of compounds that might lead
to fogging rather than calling for fresh developer? And are you making or
buying your potassium oxalate? Making it can save one many dollars as it
cost about 1/8 the purchase price to make it and it is easy to add extra
oxalic acid to your mix as it is one of the two components.

Thanks for sharing

EJ Neilsen

--
Eric J. Neilsen