Re: Clearing Pt/Pd prints

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 04/05/00-09:34:57 PM Z

Eric Neilsen wrote:
> > S; Sodium Sulfide; 20 grams per 1000 ml water (2% solution)
> I believe you meant Sodium Sulfite! not Sulfide.

No, actually I meant Sodium Bisulfate. Thanks for catching the error.
SORRY, one of those typos that slipped by. I checked the label, it is
Sodium Bisulfate. I do have some Sodium Sulfite in storage, but did not
use it.

> As for the rest, good work. I would ask if you checked into the possibility
> of adding Oxalic acid to the developer and to monitor the pH of your develop
> to see what amount of Oxalic acid should or could be added to a Potassium
> Oxalate developer to help prevent the formation of compounds that might lead
> to fogging rather than calling for fresh developer?

Please let us know after you do the experiment. The compounds, I
suspect, are those which wash off into the developer after being
exposed. I do not expect that a change in pH or Oxalic Acid would do
much. But do let us know.

> And are you making or buying your potassium oxalate?

I bought a bunch from B&S some time ago, but it is running out.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/