Re: Kodak Azo Paper Question

From: Brian Ellis (bellis@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: 04/05/00-10:20:09 PM Z

The developer used with Azo seems to have a major effect on its speed. When
I exposed it under a 250 watt bulb in a reflector housing, at about 2 1/2
feet above the paper, I couldn't get a print no matter how short the
exposure. Even at 3 seconds, the paper turned completely black. This was
with Ilford Universal paper developer, diluted 1-9 (the normal dilution). I
then switched to my enlarger, which has an Aristo 4500 VCL head, at 4.0
contrast (a lot of blue light), without a lens and with the head about 2 1/2
feet from the paper, and it worked fine with exposures in the 30 second
range. A friend uses Amidol and with a 250 watt bulb set up similar to the
one I tried, has to use exposures in the minute range.