RE: 16 MM CINE

From: Bob Mazzullo (bmazzullo@fisci.com)
Date: 04/08/00-07:16:22 PM Z

I remember seeing an article in the Sunday NY Times
a few years ago describing a Russian 16 mm movie camera
visually similar to an Arriflex 16 S, with lens, film
magazine, and filters for under $1000, (I seem to recall
$400 as the approximate price, but I could be wrong).
The article stated that the camera was robust enough for
students to use and cheap enough to be replaced if broken,
lost, etc.. What I don't remember is it's brand name, or
who was importing them....maybe the guy who imports the Kiev 88
would know. Just my two cents.

Bob Mazzullo, SI, NY