Re: Movie Camera

From: Robert W. Schramm (schrammrus@hotmail.com)
Date: 04/08/00-08:46:21 PM Z

Judy et al,

One of the problems we archivists have is the machine problem.
For example: Have you played any 8 track tapes lately? How about
78 RPM records?
One way of dealing with this is to save the machines and that is
what some archives are doing. I have saved a reel-to-reel video
tape recorder, a reel-to-reel audio tape recorder and a transcription
player.

I expect there will be 16 mm projectors around as there is some
much historic 16 mm film e.g. all the newsreels. Early TV, i.e.
pre-video tape, was all shot on 16mm.

Anyway, plans are to put a 16mm projector in our archives.

Bob Schramm

>From: Judy Seigel <jseigel@panix.com>
>To: alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca
>Subject: Re: Movie Camera
>Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 15:33:02 -0400 (EDT)
>

> > > This College Photographer is in need of a 16mm movie camera for
> > > a special project i.e putting movies in a time capsule. Can't use
> > > mag tape you know. Also optical CDs are suspect. However, B&W
>
>And how I wonder are the time capsulees going to play the movie -- run it
>past a digital scanner at 16 fps?
>
>(Sorry, but I put my grandfather's old 16 mm projector out on the street
>some 5 years ago -- yeah, it could have been a priceless artifact, but
>there's just so much detritus one can house beyond one's own artifacts...)
>
>best,
>
>Judy

Check out my web page at:

  http://www.geocities.com/schrammr1/schramm_studioa.htm