Re: Movie projector

From: Les Newcomer (lnphoto@ismi.net)
Date: 04/08/00-09:18:46 PM Z

About 20 years abot therer was w Masterpiece theater production called
"Pictures" It was a fictional story based in Hollywood during the silent
movie industry, but at the end the credits rolled next to three strips of
silent era movies that were literally run in front of the camera--not
projected. The background was white so we could see the frames. Instead of
an incomprehendable mess, you got to see movies!. Infact each frame worked
just like it would in a projector.

When the film was running in sync with the camera the frames stayed still, but
the motion was still there, when the film lost sync with the camera the frames
travelled up or down, just like the strobe light on your last turntable.

The point is, whatever they have in the future will still rely on Persistance
of Vision to make movies work and this technique should still be viable.

Les