Re: colour neg scan

From: Sil Horwitz (silh@earthlink.net)
Date: 04/11/00-12:18:01 AM Z

At 2000/04/11 06:12 AM +0200, you wrote:
>really need help !
>hope it's not off topic

It is, but...

>I have a big problem in scanning some Konica VX100 colour negatives, I have
>never scanned any colour negs, I discovered it is really difficult, i get
>blue or green colour. I am using a studio scan II si with transparency
>module.

What you need is a film scanner specifically made for slides and negatives.
When a negative is scanned (you set it for that) there is an electronic
filter that "removes" the masked base color. Also, for decent scanning of
color negatives, you need at least a 2400 ppi resolution, which reflection
scanners can't do. The lowest price film scanner that I know of is the
Hewlett-Packard SmartScan which sells for about $500 U.S. It will do 35mm
slides and negatives up to 6x9 cm. It's the one I use, and I'm very
satisfied with it.

<<sil>>
<silh@psa-photo.org>
<webmaster@psa-photo.org>