Re: colour neg scan

From: Kerry Swartz (kerry@ksphotos.com)
Date: 04/11/00-12:25:42 AM Z

Scanning Konica film might be difficult, but you should try printing it.
Even worse, except you can correct for the color shift. But, try this:
Do some prescans/previews/etc. using default, Kodak, Fuji, Agfa, etc.
profiles. Pick the one that gives you the best looking color balance. Or,
try turning off the auto functions of your scanner. Set the black point at 0
and white point at 255 and gamma at 1.8 and do a preview scan. If the
contrast is flat, reduce the gamma (1.6, 1.4). If it's too dark, increase
the gamma. Try adjusting the color balance in the preview. If you're getting
blue-green (cyan) color casts try shfting the color balance towards red (a
little goes a long way).
If none of this helps, get a cheap one hour minilab print made and scan it.
Good luck,
Kerry Swartz