Re: Watkins and the National Gallery of Art

From: Tom (tscal@prodigy.net)
Date: 04/14/00-11:22:41 AM Z

Suzanne,

Wow that's great! I'm very curious did Connie say much about the
characteristics of the wet plate negatives compared to dry plates (like
Atget used and maybe Watkins too, later in his career)? I don't think I've
ever seen any really detailed description of how today's blue-sensitive
films with modern developers might compare. I was under the impression the
silver nitrate albumen printing out paper available in recent years was
quite similar to what was used in the past, perhaps indistinguishable.

Thanks.

-Tom

Suzanne wrote