Re: Color transparency to B&W-On the other hand.

From: James Romeo (jromeo@iopener.net)
Date: 04/15/00-03:47:17 PM Z

As I said in my last re I have made many very good alt-process prints from enlarged
negs made from color slides.
Yes the best can be done with a neg done with my 8x10 in B/W
But if you have many slides you have shot over the years that you feel you
would like to work with it can be done.
A lot of the ones I have worked were shot on the run I could never had done
them with my view camera.
It is allso a one step process positive to neg.
Your contrast and density can be controled with the filters,film and process.
Yes again the best is the large format neg. I have found that many of the enlarged ngs
I have made from the color 35mm and 6x6 are as good as the enlarged negs I have
made from 35mm and 6x6 B/W and less work.
James Romeo