Re: cyanotype sensitivity

From: Robert W. Schramm (schrammrus@hotmail.com)
Date: 04/16/00-08:12:15 PM Z

Gwen,

Last spring I ran some extensive tests on cyanotype and found that
using a sensitizer of 2 parts A to 1 part B gave the greatest
tonal range. I was using a 21 step tablet and controling everything.
When compared to the Ware process the results were nearly equal
although the Ware process did have a slight edge as to tonal range.

Your exposures sound about right to me. Of course a lot depends on the
negative density. The only way I know of to decrease the exposure
would be to use a stronger UV source. You might try using the sun.

Bob Schramm