Re: Self-toning Gelatin P.O.P.

From: Cor Breukel (cor@lumc.nl)
Date: 04/25/00-01:05:46 AM Z

Richard Maddox wrote:

> I was looking for anyone with personal experiences of
> self-toning gelatine P.O.P. or perhaps access to some
> manufacturers instructions... or

..are you looking to buy factory ready daylight geletine silver paper
(aka P.O.P), AFAIK the Chicago Albumen Works used to sell ir, it was
made by Guilleminot in France. Production stoped in 1997, now Kentmere,
England seems to have such a paper in production. AFAIK these papers you
have to tone yourself. In the (rich) past there were many daylicht
papers with incorporated toners (gold and or platinum). obviously these
prints survived much better. I happen to see quite a few beautifull
selftoned gold/platinum daylight collodium prints (from around 1915).

(these were shown at a great workshop at "Het Leidse Prentenkabinet", a
workshop on old photographic prints recognisition conducted bij Jan van
Dijk)