Re: light sources and sharpness

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 04/25/00-06:01:11 PM Z

Sandy King wrote:
> Regarding the question of difference between the look of Pt/Pd prints
> made in direct sun and shade, if not one of apparent sharpness, could
> you elaborate somewhat on the actual nature of the difference?

Yes, but I would prefer not to elaborate from memory alone other than to
say that there were differences (both producing acceptable prints).
This was done while living in Phoenix back in the '80s. I will look for
the prints although I may not have some of them. However, I am planning
to print a comparison next sunny day and report the results. I'll run
one under my BL lamps as well. I would be happy to try some other light
sources, if anyone wishes to donate them to me. This will provide a
more accurate account, so please give me some time.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/