Re: inverse square law

From: Doug Munson (dmunson@albumenworks.com)
Date: 04/27/00-11:04:09 AM Z

>Regarding exposure time vs. distance with U.V. lights - I recently
>halved my printing distance - from 12 inches to 6 inches, expecting the
>inverse square law to shorten my exposusre times. This is with 8 48
>inch BL tubes. Printing times are exactly the same!
>
>Thanks,
>
>John Richardson

John:

The inverse square law applies to point sources only. Once you are
fairly close to an extended source (such as your bank of 8 - 4 foot
bulbs) the inverse square law breaks down completely, and your
observation is absolutely correct - there is no change in intensity
with a change in distance.

Bummer, huh?

--
Doug Munson