grain /tri-X, Tmax, etc.

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 08/02/00-04:34:14 PM Z

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Carl Weese wrote:
> For a more obvious grain pattern that is also very coherent and
> attractive in appearance, try TMax P3200 rated at 1000-1200 and
> developed in HC110B.

Carl, is that a large format neg for contacting, or 35 mm for enlarging?

Also, I note that Jeffrey spoke about the "grain working behind the
scenes." I figure he's described that before, but with so much info on
hand, I failed to benefit from it. If he (or anyone) would explain that in
simple terms (like for August), would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Judy