Re: Kodak to re-introduce Super-XX

From: Sandy King (sanking@hubcap.clemson.edu)
Date: 08/05/00-11:20:34 AM Z

I have used the Bergger 200 film and like it. The film has some interesting
qualities, one of those being that it works great with
pyrogallol/pyrocatechin staining developers because it stains so well.
Unfortunately, and in spite of the fact that it has been marketed as a
thick emulsion film with characteristics similar to Super XX, it is simply
no match to Super XX in terms of zonal expansion and contraction. This
observation is based on looking at the result of tests with the Bergger
film by Phil Davis and my own testing of the film with several developers.

Sandy King

Sandy King