Re: Kodak to re-introduce Super-XX

From: Jason Hall (JASON@jbhall.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: 08/05/00-01:03:58 PM Z

> Let me represent an average consumer -- I have used
superXX and hated it
> and used digital and hated it. But if I had to
develop the expertise to
> use either one to full advantage, no matter the grief
and expense, there
> is NO WAY TO GO but digital. You speak of expanding
4 zones -- phooey.
> With photoshop I can put any damn zones any damn
place I please. Yes, it's
> harder for an ancient such as myself to learn,
but.... the folks longing
> for Super XX are dying out. The photogs coming up
will be doing digital.
> If Kodak was going to bring back double X, I'd sell
my stock (if I had
> any).

Sadly a realistic representation of the average
consumer. Why bother expending time and effort to
learn a skill/craft when you can do a passable bodge in
a fraction of the time. Few people have the patience
or the inclination to bother. What happens when no one
can recall what zones are? Who's going to write the
software then?

JBH