RE: Kodak to re-introduce Super-XX

From: Richard Knoppow (dickburk@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 08/06/00-12:29:24 PM Z

At 10:07 PM 08/05/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>Someone reported that they had purchased some of this film recently in
>China.... can you identify what the film in China was called? Super-XX or
>something else?
>
>Frank Filippone
>red735i@earthlink.net

  The question was about something called Academy 200. Someone answering
speculated it was Super-XX due to its speed. The film was purchased in
Gabon. I can find no sign of this stuff on the Kodak web site.
  I think the memory of Super-XX may outstrip its actual performance. There
are other more modern films with long straight characteristics and
unifiform color sensitivity along with much finer grain and better resolution.
  Kodak currently makes a motion picture stock called Double-X but it
appears to be a reversal film. Kodak has always liked to use trade-names
with X in them.
(Super-X, Super-XX, Double-X, Tri-X, Plus-X, Background-X, Panatomic-X,
Royal-X Pan, X-omat, Xtol, Microdol-X, & ect.)

----
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles,Ca.
dickburk@ix.netcom.com