The Hunt for Super-XX

From: Frank Filippone (red735i@earthlink.net)
Date: 08/07/00-08:50:29 AM Z

I have been doing some research in conjunction with Internet friends in
China.

1) Kodak labels no B+W film in China. ( Leaves open the possibility that
they make it and private label the stuff). They are focused on what you
might espect, color print film.
2) There are several B+W films available under other names, some of which is
made in CHina.
3) My contact has not bought this film, so I can not trace the markings
along the side of the film.. English? Chinese? Something else?
4) The QC in China is still a bit chaotic... stuff is inconsistent...
5) Sheet film may not be available at all.... they are still checking

More to come......or maybe a fizzle.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net