Re: Curves for LightJet Correction

From: Hans Nohlberg (chiahans@tripnet.se)
Date: 08/11/00-05:07:53 PM Z

Nick,

Thanks for dealing your experiences, sounds increadable that no adjustment
is necessary. You say
"what you see on your screen is what comes out". Are you working with a
calibrated monitor and if you are doing that, in which colorspace are you
working? Any suggestion about necessary resolution/file size?

Hans

>I have prepared some images for output on a Lightjet 5000 via Photoshop -
>there was no special curve involved. I sent a combination of images that
>were output to a 2' square piece of positive film. All images were in neg
>format with black borders and they print on PD/PT with 3-5 minute exposures.
>
>The main consideration is to be able to send what you see on your monitor
>(more or less) to your printer. With the lightjet and other digital machines
>like what they use at http://www.sedonadps.com (they make relatively
>inexpensive digital prints) what you see on your screen is what comes out on
>the piece. Make sure you apply your contrast change (nothing elaborate)
>before converting to negative.
>
>Good luck,
>
>Nick

Atelier Pictoform