Re: Curves for LightJet Correction

From: Nick Makris (nick@mcn.org)
Date: 08/11/00-05:39:03 PM Z

Hans, The issue of calibration is one that is taken care of when you
determine that you can print on your printer, exactly (more or less) what
you see on your screen. The net effect of that effort takes care of 90% of
any requirements to create a special curve for the digital print house. I
have used 3 different digital print services and all the resulting images
compare favorably with one another and with what I see on my screen.

Once you have your monitor/printer in sync, simply create a test image and
send it to a digital print service like www.sedonadps.com - you can download
it directly to their site and they will send you a print for not very much
money - if you are out of the US, as I suspect, try ordering one from
somewhere nearby. If the results are very similar to your monitor you are
almost done. Then send a test in to a Lightjet service and add a little
contrast - it's not that critical.

Good luck,

Nick